The Town of Yorktown, Indiana

A Great Place to Call Home

Building & Zoning

Before starting any Indoor/Outdoor building project, please check with the Building Commissioner's Office to see if a permit is required. This will prevent any Stop Work Orders from being issued, thus delaying your project and preventing possible fines from being issued. 


The fee assessed for building permits is minimal and established by the Yorktown 2009 ordinance.


One- and two-family dwelling permits are issued solely by the Town of Yorktown.


Commercial and Industrial building permits must be obtained primarily from the State of Indiana. When approved, a permit must then be obtained from the Yorktown Building Commissioner's office. A set of the approved plans must accompany the application. Additionally, permits may be required for outdoor utility sheds, fences and signs, both temporary and permanent.


The Town of Yorktown always encourages Development. It is our goal to see that your Building Project(s), no matter how small or large, meets or exceeds the standard Building Code Requirements for your safety and the betterment of the Community as a whole.  


Please call the Building Commissioner's office if you have any questions before you begin your project.
Office 759-0142 Cell 748-7985



Contact Us

Matt Ray,
Zoning & Building Commissioner
Physical Address
9312 W Smith St
Yorktown, IN 47396
Get Directions
Mailing Address
PO Box 518
Yorktown, IN 47396
  • Phone: (765) 759-0142
  • Mobile: (765) 748-7985
  • Staff Directory
  • Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm.

In this Department

More Information